- The adoption process starts when you fill out this application.
- Once you have completed the application, please call your veterinarian to give them authorization to release your pets medical/vaccine information to Heath's Haven Rescue.
- Also, make sure to contact your references and let them know we will be contacting them. A timely response will keep the application process moving smoothly.
- We will provide you with notification when we have received your application.
- We will check all references listed on your application, please do not include family and spouses as a reference.
- We require proof of vaccines for all pets in your household and proof of spay/neuter. (This is verified by contacting your veterinarian or we may ask you for documentation.)
- Once your references have been checked, we will contact you for a home visit.
- Once the home visit is complete we will set up a time for you to meet the dog you are interested in.
- If you are approved, the two week trial period will begin. During the two week trial, HHR is responsible for any vet expenses, food, etc. and the dog legally still belongs to HHR. We will provide you will current vaccination records at this time.
- Once the trial period is over and you have decided to adopt, you must mail your adoption donation of $150 to HHR.
- Once we have received the adoption donation we will forward all medical records to you.
- If you chose not to adopt, you must return the dog to HHR.
- If any area is left incomplete on this application, it will not be processed.